Love versus Goliath has evolved since the early days! For new readers trying to work out what we are about, here is an introduction!
This site started as a way I could “talk” about what we were going through during the battle for my husband’s visa without boring my friends and family to tears. People could read or not without me feeling I was being a burden. Later this site became a way of recording our journey; not only to hopefully raise awareness of the issues, but also to help me write our memoir.
You will find different topics here, the main areas can be reached from the main menu:
- Articles about the Partner/Spouse Visa process written for others going through the process
- Our New Life, showing there IS joy and happiness, if little money, after the pain. All family members contribute from time to time.
- Excerpts from our memoir, affectionately known as “The Book” – all are first drafts. Love versus Goliath is now published!
- Our participation in the Global A – Z of My Country challenge, although I renamed ours “Our A – Z of Australia“. Check out the other participating writers for an around the world trip from your armchair!
- There are also many articles advocating better treatment of asylum seekers and refugees by Australia. I had an interest long before I met my husband. Naturally, given my husband was an asylum seeker when I met him, the issue is now even closer to home than ever before.
Older articles are the nitty-gritty, “am I going crazy”, being-in-the-midst-of-it-all type articles. You are welcome to venture into the dim, dark, past if you like. Please take into consideration the dates published if reading articles such as “Seven years ago”, for time has since passed. There is a widget with links to specific older articles which should provide enough of the background if you would like to catch up.
Thank you for your interest in our journey!